I thought I would do the briefest of posts listing some as yet undisclosed facts about me to try and convey the person behind Nikki Burg.
So here we go:
- I can’t ride a bicycle.
- I am and have been for most of my life an avid watcher of Coronation Street.
- I have never baked a cake or in fact baked anything!
- I have never been in love.
- I don’t necessarily believe there is someone out there for everyone.
- I am so happy to go the theatre, cinema on my own and this also applies to eating out, albeit the latter only during the day as I feel like I may appear to be on the hunt for male ‘custom’ sitting alone in a bar or restaurant post 7pm. I have previously had numerous offers of a night and my look of indignation and short thrift response has certainly put paid to this, I assure you!!
- I have only ever had a hangover once in my life and even then I did not realise what had caused my banging headache until someone pointed out the unusual occurrence of me having drunk some alcohol the previous night.
- Bearing in mind the above statement, it won’t be a surprise when I claim that I don’t drink alcohol at all anymore, just because I simply don’t like it.
- I once walked past an ex-boyfriend in the street and pretended to be someone else when he approached me due to excessive weight. Will recount whole tale in a subsequent blog on my Internet dating disasters.
- I have never had a pet animal of any sort, not even a goldfish.
- I am a ‘glass is half full’ type of person although I do suffer from the ‘grass is always greener’ syndrome.
- I believe in having the courage of your convictions and as such I am compelled in most situations (with a filter in check!) to speak my mind. I think this has developed, in part, through frustration growing up with parents who were very much of the view that “children are to be seen and not heard”.
There are of course many other interesting snippets of information about me but there is only so much I am prepared to reveal, at least for now.